By Eric Mazur
For Introductory Calculus-based Physics Courses.
Putting physics first: Based on his storied research and teaching, Eric Mazur's Principles & Practice of Physics Volume 1 (chapters 1-21)1/e builds an understanding of physics that is both thorough and accessible. Unique organization and pedagogy allow you to develop a true conceptual understanding of physics alongside the quantitative skills needed in the course.
- New learning architecture: The book is structured to help you learn physics in an organized way that encourages comprehension and reduces distraction.
- Physics on a contemporary foundation: Traditional texts delay the introduction of ideas that we now see as unifying and foundational. This text builds physics on those unifying foundations, helping you to develop an understanding that is stronger, deeper, and fundamentally simpler.
- Research-based instruction: This text uses a range of research-based instructional techniques to teach physics in the most effective manner possible. The result is a groundbreaking book that puts physics first, thereby making it more accessible to you to learn. MasteringPhysics® works with the text to create a learning program that enables you to learn both in and out of the classroom.
Key Topics: Foundations, Motion in One Dimension, Acceleration, Momentum, Energy, Principle of Relativity, Interactions
Force, Work, Motion in a Plane, Motion in a Circle, Torque, Gravity, Special Relativity, Periodic Motion, Waves in One Dimension, Waves in Two and Three Dimensions, Fluids, Entropy, Energy Transferred Thermally, Degradation of Energy
Electric Interactions, The Electric Field, Gauss's Law, Work and Energy in Electrostatics, Charge Separation and Storage,Magnetic Interactions, Magnetic Fields of Charged Particles in Motion, Changing Magnetic Fields, Changing Electric Fields, Electric Circuits, Electronics, Optics, Wave and Particle Optics
Market: Intended for those who want to gain a basic knowledge of physics.
Table of Contents
2. Motion in One Dimension
6. Principle of Relativity
10. Motion in a Plane
11. Motion in a Circle
14. Special Relativity
15. Periodic Motion
16. Waves in One Dimension
17. Waves in Two and Three Dimensions
20. Energy Transferred Thermally
21. Degradation of Energy
22. Electric Interactions
23. The Electric Field
24. Gauss’s Law
25. Work and Energy in Electrostatics
26. Charge Separation and Storage
27. Magnetic Interactions
28. Magnetic Fields of Charged Particles in Motion
29. Changing Magnetic Fields
30. Changing Electric Fields
31. Electric Circuits
34. Wave and Particle Optics