Alan B. Albarran
ISBN-13: 9781305077560 | ISBN-10: 1305077563
Copyright 2017 | Published 2016 | 368 pages
Offering numerous real-world examples and case studies, MANAGEMENT OF ELECTRONIC AND DIGITAL MEDIA, 6e, equips you with the latest trends, practices, and research on the management and leadership techniques used in the electronic and digital media industries. Extremely reader friendly, the text offers a clear and concise presentation of key issues facing future managers, leaders, and entrepreneurs in the rapidly evolving media industries. New coverage highlights trends in big data, mobile, social media, and the cloud, as well as the latest on the evolution of social media and digital platforms. An all-new chapter details the multifaceted manager/leader/entrepreneurial role of a media manager. Giving you hands-on experience with real-life challenges, end-of-chapter case studies put you directly in the role of decision-maker -- helping prepare you for a career in today's electronic and digital media field.
Abbreviations and Acronyms.
1. Managing Electronic and Digital Media.
2. The Media Business Environment: Markets, Business Models, Mergers, Alliances, and Partnerships.
3. Ethics of Management.
4. Theories of Management.
5. Financial Management.
6. Managing Personnel.
7. Audiences and Audience Research.
8. Content: Strategy and Distribution.
10. News and News Management.
11. Regulatory Influences on Media Management.
12. Technology Influence on Media Management.
13. Media Management: The Manager/Leader/Entrepreneur.
Glossary of Key Terms.