Robert N. Lussier, Christopher F. Achua
ISBN-13: 9781285866352 | ISBN-10: 1285866355
Copyright 2016 | Published 2015 | 528 pages
The most practical leadership textbook on the market, LEADERSHIP 6e uses a unique three-pronged approach to teach leadership concepts and theory. The authors combine traditional theory with cutting-edge leadership topics in a concise presentation packed with real-world examples. The text puts students in the leadership role, engaging them in applying the concepts and providing step-by-step behavior models for effectively handling leadership functions.
Part I: INDIVIDUALS AS LEADERS.
1. Who Is a Leader and What Skills Do Leaders Need?
2. Leadership Traits and Ethics.
3. Leadership Behavior and Motivation.
4. Contingency Leadership Theories.
5. Influencing: Power, Politics, Networking, and Negotiation.
Part II: TEAM LEADERSHIP.
6. Communication, Coaching, and Conflict Skills.
7. Leader-Member Exchange and Followership.
8. Team Leadership and Self-Managed Teams.
Part III: ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP.
9. Charismatic and Transformational Leadership.
10. Leadership of Culture, Ethics, and Diversity.
11. Strategic Leadership and Change Management.
12. Crisis Leadership and the Learning Organization.
Appendix: Leadership and Spirituality in the Workplace.