Clear, direct and comprehensive, the Azar-Hagen Grammar series uses a grammar-based teaching approach, blending grammar methodology with communicative methods. Grammar is used as the starting point for the development of all language skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
Basic English Grammar, 5E Fundamentals of English Grammar, 5E Understanding and Using English Grammar, 5E By Betty S. Azar and Stacy A. Hagen The world’s most trusted grammar source for clear, direct, and comprehensive instruction, the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series takes a time-tested approach that blends direct grammar instruction with carefully sequenced practice to develop all language skills. Grammar is the springboard for developing speaking, listening, reading, and writing. With clear, user-friendly charts and engaging interactive practice, it’s easy to see why this classic series remains the top-selling text in its field year after year. New! Azar-Hagen Basic English Grammar 5E
- A pre-test at the start of each chapter allows learners to assess what they already know and orient themselves to the chapter material.
- Jump-start your English lessons, with functional topics and colloquial speech, give students more practical language from the start.
- Practice, spaced out over time, helps students learn better. Additional exercises have been created to provide more incremental practice.
- New and updated charts and exercises show patterns to help learners make sense of the information.
- Meaning-based practice is introduced at the sentence level. Students do not have to wait for longer passages to work with meaning.
- Additional oral exercises encourage students to speak more naturally and fluidly.
- Reading and writing tasks have been fine-tuned to reflect contemporary student needs.
- Exercises with life-skills vocabulary help better prepare students for everyday life.
- Updated grammar charts based on corpus research reflect current usage and highlight the differences between written and spoken English in formal and informal contexts.
- End-of-the-chapter Learning Checks help students assess their learning.
- A Pearson Practice English app with diagnostic, review, and end of the chapter learning checks; Student Book audio; and guided PowerPoint videos.